This Charter represents a commitment from leaders in Nova Scotia to the continuous growth of a positive workplace safety culture. It is founded on the principle that the effective management of health, safety, and wellness is essential to the operation of a successful business and the long-term success of our province. By supporting this Charter, leaders commit to share best practices and together improve the health and safety performance in Nova Scotia with the belief that a safer province is a more productive and prosperous province.
Engage senior leaders in Nova Scotia in advancing Nova Scotia as the safest place to work and live in Canada.
By signing this charter, I commit to:
- The principle that nothing is more important than the health, safety and well-being of employees, contractors, visitors and the community.
- Integrate health and safety into business strategies and processes, and to recognize that good health and safety performance supports good business
- Strive for continuous health and safety improvement and to provide the leadership and internal capacity to make this happen.
- Create and enhance a culture that enables all employees to participate and work collaboratively in developing, promoting, and improving health and safety at work and at home.
- Participate within a health and safety leadership learning community in Nova Scotia, by sharing information and best practices, with the goal of continuously improving health and safety strategies, programming and performance.
I support and will take action towards achieving the Intent and Principles of the Nova Scotia Health and Safety Leadership Charter.
A printable copy of the Charter can be found under “Why Sign”.