BUSINESS PLAN – 2018
The Steering Committee had its inaugural meeting on November 15, 2017 and developed an exciting Business Plan for 2018:
- In-Person Events – The following will be held in 2018:
- March 1, 2018 – Cannabis Legalization What Every CEO Needs to Know – This is designed for Senior Leaders and a Safe the Date has already been sent. It will be held using the video conferencing facilities of NSCC with one location in Halifax and the others depending upon registration.
- May 17, 2018 – Lunch & Learn – Mental Health – This initiative is being led by Janet Knox and Cecilia McLellan and the speaker will be announced shortly. Once again, it will be held using the video conferencing facilities of NSCC. Again, there will be one location in Halifax and other locations depending upon registration.
- October 18, (or 17), 2018 — Fall Conference – This will be held again at Pier 21. Program details will be announced later. We are once again collaborating with Saint Mary’s University CN Centre for Occupational Health and Safety although for 2018 it will be our program but with assistance in topics and speakers from SMU.
- Webinars – The CEO Series – The Steering Committee is planning two webinars, one in April and one in September (dates to be determined). Each piece featuring three Senior Leaders who in short 15 minute presentations will outline: “Why We Signed & Our Successes to Date”
The Steering Committee is excited about this project as each Signatory can learn from the successes (and challenges) of others. While we will reach out to Senior Leaders, don’t be shy about volunteering!
- Linkedin Group – We will shortly be providing details of the utilization of Linkedin to have “Signatories only” discussion groups. This will enable Charter Signatories to initiate and participate in discussions of interest which can then lead to suggestions, exchange of information, health and safety workshops, etc. We emphasize that this will be established so that the Discussion Groups are only available to Charter Signatories and their representatives, both Senior Leaders, health and safety leaders and designated others.
- New Signatories – You will have just received our email celebrating 100 Signatories. While that is a significant milestone, there are numerous other organizations who could benefit from the Nova Scotia Health and Safety Leadership Charter. Please talk to your business partners and colleagues (including municipal governments). All information is on our website:
That includes information as to How to Join as well as other Newsletters, etc.
The 2017-2018 Steering Committee welcomes your input and suggestions and looks forward to building on the successes from 2017.
The 2017-2018 Steering Committee
John A. Young